Thursday, January 31, 2013

The Visible Light

It is visible.  The glorious light is approaching.   Tomorrow I walk into Dana Farber for my last round of chemotherapy.   Only 3 treatments left of 18.    Tomorrow is my last of the "big" ones.    I ask for all of your prayers once again as I receive this last round that I can work through it gracefully and without "incidence".

I have been seeing my TCM doctor twice a week for most of the duration of my treatments.   After checking multiple pulses on me today, he looked at me and smiled and was really happy with where I am at.     Although my energy level and immune levels are not at normal levels, they are much better than expected.  

Please care for yourselves.   Every year, you hear of some specific virus going around (either strep, or flu, or stomach bug, etc.) that has people down.  This winter season however, it seems the flu, croup, rotovirus, and a vicious cold have so many families affected.    Our family seems to be affected by the cold, and thankfully nothing more for now.    Most of my family has been able to shake it.  I have had it for over two weeks, but it seems to be at the tail end.  

Thus I approach this last round of treatment with hope that I will "gracefully" make it through the next 3-4 weeks.      I know I wouldn't be here though without all of the support I receive in the form of meals, prayers, cards, emails and shopping trips.    This village has meant everything to me.

God's grace and love to you all,
Renee







1 comment:

  1. You couldn't be anything but graceful my dear friend.

    ReplyDelete