Yay! Today was the day of my last "heavy" chemo. As always, I was graced with the presence of a lovely friend, Christine. Although she picked me up at 7:30 this morning and we didn't get home until 3:30, the day went quickly as it usually does with lots of catching up to do. Another friend, Julie, joined us for a couple of hours, who also was so able to bring much love to the afternoon and good conversation that we all need.
As I had mentioned yesterday, I have had this cold and haven't been able to shake it. As usual after 2 1/2 weeks of a cold, you wonder if it has gotten to your lungs. But after a chest x-ray today it revealed that I was all clear. Thus with a good WBC an RBC counts, and a clear chest x-ray, I was able to receive my last dose of the "heavy" chemo. On that note, my WBC and RBC were just under the low part of normal, but still in a great shape to receive chemo. They dropped some but okay for this stage in the game.
I met with the doctor and they said 3 weeks after my last dose, I will go back to Dana Farber for blood work and a baseline scan. After we get the results we will talk about next steps for continued follow-up.
I know the next week might be a tough one, but I am soooooooo happy that it is the last week of the "heavier" side effects that I will have to go through this! Yay!!!!
As I told Christine today, I look forward when I can sit down after all of this and relay what I have learned through this journey. And this journey includes all of you. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.
Warmly,
Renee
No comments:
Post a Comment