Saturday, January 12, 2013

Rebounding

Greetings everyone,

I thought I should offer an update given last weeks episode.     I went back to Dana Farber for my regularly scheduled Friday appointment where they took my blood to find out that this week my my WBC count rebounded beautifully.    I went from .99 (Low) to 5.1 (high side of normal).    The week off of chemo last week (and a few Chinese herbs) I think did the trick!    

I was pleased that not only did my WB cells go up, but also that they did decide to just skip last weeks treatment, and so I don't have to make it up.  Thus I have just started my 5th of 6 rounds.  5 more weeks left.    With the start of a new round comes the "heavier" chemo.  Once again I didn't sleep well last night (because of the steroids) finding myself unable to fall asleep until 4:30 a.m this morning.   But those late hours allow me to catch up.  This time I got caught up on episodes of Downtown Abbey!

I hope everyone enjoys their weekend with family and friends.

Love to you all,
Renee



3 comments:

  1. I'm so happy about the elevated white blood cell count and you getting to skip a dose of chemo. You're in the home stretch! ....praying for you and wishing you well...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful news, Renee! Thank you for sharing this fantastic report with us. Will continue to keep sending prayers and healing wishes your way. Yay! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lots of prayers for healing, strength and peace coming your way from the John 10:10 Prayer Ministry from Lily's Grammie and Sarah's Mother-in-law

      Delete