I have Greece on my mind (and a multitude of other things, but too mundane to bother you with). Let's start out with the sweetness of friends during these summer months. It has been so wonderful to connect with friends this summer and not have to rush to go anywhere. We've enjoyed one day at the Cape this summer and hope to go back this Saturday. Here are the kids enjoying the waves.
| Anna and James jumping in the waves at Old Silver Beach in Falmouth |
| Andrew and Anna, with James wrapped up in the back! |
And of course made the most mouth watering, from scratch blueberry muffins. Yum!!!!!
We've also enjoyed jamming with Bon Jovi at Gillette stadium. Still amazing at 51 year of age!
In just 7 days we leave for our much anticipated trip to Greece. I am so excited that we will be able to walk the grounds of the almost 2,500 year old Parthenon.
For half of our vacation, we will be staying in Corinth, where my father was born. My grandmother (my dad's mom) is almost 102 years old and is awaiting our arrival. I have been wanting her to meet my children for so long. During our stay in Corinth, we will visit Ancient Corinth. There is a whole city of ruins there. It is there that St. Paul stood speaking to the Corinthians. I truly hope, on some miniscule level, our children will be able to understand the enormity of where they will be.
Additionally, I will be leaving the kids with Nick in the "horio" (also know as a village) with my dad (and multitude of first cousins) and venturing over to the island of Lesvos to sleep at the monastery of St. Rafael, Nicholaus, and Irini for one evening. It is these saints that I know were with me on Sep 20th in the OR room of Brigham and Women Hospital. This is the "pilgrimage" part of the vacation. I will be lighting a candle for all of you who have shopped, cooked and prayed for me this past year; however, if you would like a special candle lit for any specific reason, I am more than happy to take that prayer to the saints as well. Just let me know.
After my return we will be taking the family to the island of Paros, where Nick has some family. We have rented a Villa just outside the bustling port of Naoussa. Looking forward to some tranquil (hopefully) walks, and relaxed (hopefully) days with just Nick and I and the kids. As I type this, all I hear is the craziness of the children running around upstairs . So in reality, I hope for just a few meditative moments.
As for me, I am doing my best to get through the day with only having to lay down once. I am still quite tired and need time to "chill". I usually get to Monday after a full weekend and have many moments of exhaustion. And then of course I have gotten hooked on "Naked and Afraid" lately (thanks Maureen for that one!) and am staying up way too late watching it On Demand. I am hoping I can resist the temptation this evening. If you haven't watched at least one episode, it is absolutely amazing. It is usually the "girl power" who caries the couple through the 21 days. Although having the strength of a machete bearing male around is useful as well.
Ok...It's getting close to bed time, so I wish you August days filled with bicycle riding, reading, and some fresh homemade lemonade drinking!


No comments:
Post a Comment