Hello Hello Hello Everyone!
Where to begin. First, I hope everyone is enjoying the most amazing show of Spring colors. The kids and I have enjoyed time spent outside with the amazing weather we have been fortunate to have in New England the last couple of weeks. Although my allergies are raging. I did find a holistic allergy "med" that I have taken that is easing the symptoms though.
With Spring, doesn't everyone have this renewed spirit, full of energy that makes you just want to go out and tackle everything on your To Do list and then some?? I know it has with me! I'm over ten weeks out of chemo and feeling better weekly, however my old habits of piling things on (because don't we all think we are superwoman?) has taken a bit of a toll, where it wouldn't have before. In addition to the fatigue, the joint pain has set in a bit more.
I went in for acupuncture, to Geoff my TCM doc. He checked my pulse last Tuesday, looked at me and sat down to set in for a long lecture. He could tell immediately that I was probably doing a bit too much. He could tell that I wasn't doing my guided relaxation/meditation daily or even every other day as he recommended.
I needed his lecture. He reminded me that with fatigue, comes a weakened immune system, That is certainly something I don't need. I have gone back to laying down daily again (even if it is with a child for a cuddle), to give myself a break. I then feel so much better in the latter half of the afternoon.
He recommended I create a Vision Board with prayer be my center. Surrounding prayer would be everything else that I love that needs to be focused on. Have any of you ever created something like this?
I was hoping to have a picture to post, but I think the one that I will post is on Nick's iPhone. I will post it soon. Hair has really filled in, so it is time to attempt some style. Think the Miley Cyrus swoop! Although hers is longer on top. It felt great to get my hair cut! I am LOVING the 5 minutes it takes to get ready in the morning. I really wonder if I will every go back to long hair. The jury will be out on that one for a while.
As for family news, tomorrow I take Anna in for another procedure at Childrens to try to figure out what is going on with her GI issues. We know it isn't Celiac disease, but something else is causing GI distress. So after tomorrow, hopefully we will have more answers. Again I am thankful for the surrounding community and friends. Nick is in NY of course, so I have to drop off the boys at 7:30 a.m to their friends homes so I can get Anna to her morning procedure.
Time to sign off, but in closing, I am reminded daily of the Grace I have been given and of the amazing gifts that were bestowed on me in the form of Anna, James, Andrew and of course Nick. I thank God Daily for them and for all of you who have continued to support me and think of me.
I hope to be in touch more often.
Much love to you all,
Renee
.
No comments:
Post a Comment