Spring Greetings everyone!
Even thought New England is having a bit of a cold spell today, you can definitely tell Spring is in the air. Ever since last September, I was eagerly awaiting Spring as I knew I would be done with my treatments and ready to enjoy normal living again.
I am 5 weeks out of chemo and I feel pretty good! Energy is probably at 80% of normal. The only thing new that has popped up is some joint pain. I think it is probably due to many factors, most of which probably has to do with picking up my almost 40lb 3 year old (almost 4 year old), Andrew. Any mom or aunt out there knows how hard it is to resist the temptation of picking up"the baby" and throwing him around in joy! I wasn't able to do that for a while, so now that I am, I do it eagerly and probably way too often. I think my joints are asking me to take a break. On that note, I have continued with acupuncture for an additional 10 weeks and can immediately see/feel the benefit. I think w/out question, if you stick with acupuncture, it can truly help many ailments.
Another thing I have started to prepare for my new "normal" life, is a detox program. Today is Day 1 of Phase 1. I started out the morning with a Liver Flush which consists of 1/2c of warm water, 1 Tbsp EVOO, and juice of half a lemon. It was interesting to have to drink a "marinade", but down it went. I followed that up 1 hour later with the Master Cleanser which is 1/3 c water, a pinch of cayenne pepper, lemon juice and 3 Tbsp maple syrup. It actually takes pretty good! You are supposed to sip on that throughout the day. Finally for the next 3 days, it is just about eating only fruits an vegetables. During Phase 2 you can add in a few grains and then Phase 3 you add in fish.
For me, the Detox will last for one week. For others it is a two week endeavor. I was worried about how it might go, but it has been okay so far. Of course it is only Day 1!
I will have to take a picture (on another day when my makeup is on), so you can see my growing hair. I don't wear my wig on warmer days (but I also am not wearing it this week as it is "lost". I think James hid it!).
Just looked at the time. Have to go pick up Andrew from preschool.
Warm hugs to you all,
Renee
No comments:
Post a Comment